Monday, May 23, 2011

Friendly Competition Might Be The Key To Hitting Your Fitness Goals


THE ARMS RACE

Use Friendly Competition To Hit Your Fitness Goals

As a kid another kid says "how fast can you get to the front door of the house from the street". You think “I don't know and why would I care”. All of a sudden the kid says "I'll race you!" And you immediately not only care but are already running towards the house trying to win.

Hitting your fitness goals whether they be losing fat or gaining muscle is largely achieved by having the proper motivation. Trying to get motivated can be tough especially after coming home from work feeling tired.

Enter George my good friend and neighbor from down the street. He sends me a text “I have been training and dieting for the last two weeks. Now George is one of the few people I know that once he sets his mind he can motivate himself to train to the point where he will change fast, really fast. As soon as I heard George announce to me that he was training, all I could hear in my head was “WANNA RACE?”

Competition definitely gets the motivational juices flowing. Now George and I are linked in an "arms race" and its good for myself and my friend George. Since George has begun telling me his training activities, I have started eating every 2-3 hours, joined LA Boxing in Turnersville for cardio, begun weight training 3 times a week. These are the general things I need to do to achieve my own 3 month fitness goals.

I used to pit my Personal training clients against each other for all of our goods in friendly competition. Christine versus Danielle, Bob versus Rick, Victoria versus Carmella and let me tell you the results were very impressive! There is something about competition that stirs people on to greatness.

Friendly competition just might be the key to helping you succeed in hitting your fitness goals before summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment