Thursday, June 2, 2011

Six Secrets You Need To Know About Losing Belly Fat



Six Secrets You Need To Know About Losing Belly Fat

The pictures above are both of me. I have gone between having a fat stomach to a sixpack more than fourteen times. Unfortunately its never easy going through the process of “ uuhhhgg look at the amount of fat on my stomach” to “ yo check out my sixpack!”. In bodybuilding getting some fat on your stomach is what “bodybuilders would call the off season is no big deal along as you get it off before contest time.

While it's never easy going through the process of losing the fat on your stomach here are some secrets that I learned through the years that have definitely made it easier.

1. You will usually lose a good amount of fat in your face, chest, arms, and legs before you will really notice any significant fat loss on your stomach.

2. It is possible to lose a good amount of weight and still have the fat on your stomach. Don't make the mistake of thinking that bodyweight and bodyfat are the same thing.

3. Hard, shorter high intensity cardio (example-45 minutes) tends to bring much faster results than longer casual low intensity cardio (example-90 mins).

4. Often the fat on your stomach will tend to get very lose, jiggly and just plain nasty looking before you get your sixpack. I believe this nasty jiggly look comes from your body taking away the infastructure of blood vessels, hormone levels, etc. away from the fat that you are trying to lose.

When this happens don't get discouraged with your training! This, in my experience, means your getting close. It reminds me of Moses crossing through the Red Sea. You have to go through the hard stuff to get to the promised land.

5. Having a fat stomach can be some of the best motivation in the world for training and eating right and generally getting healthy .It looks nasty, feels nasty and literally weighs you down.

6. Here is the biggest secret.........I usually don't do any direct ab training such as situps, crunches, legs lifts etc. My abs get more than enough work indirectly from the other body parts that I train so that once the fat comes off there has AlWAYS been for me a beautiful sixpack looking like a leather car seat waiting.



These are just some of what, I would call, secrets that I know that help me get through the process of going from a fat stomach to a sixpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment