Monday, June 22, 2009

graphic design dreams and 3d-software days


I'm getting close to the end of graphic design studies at the Athem Institute. One of my dreams
was learning how to use 3d modeling software. I now know how to model although still at a very
beginer level. The program that I learned in school was 3DSMAX. One of the difficulties in
learning the program was that I was only able to use the program at school. This situation led
me to begin to learn the free 3d modeling program Blender at home. As one of my instructions
told me before most 3d programs are pretty similar its just taking the time to learn the ins and
outs of each one. It is pretty amazing to me as some one who has been drawing since I was five
learns to be able to come out of that 2d area and into the 3d world. Using the two programs
3dsmax seems easier to learn but I honestly believe that anyone who learns 3d in 3dsmax could
probably pretty easily make the switch to Blender without much trouble. Now that my 3d
modeling classes are over at Athem Institute I will continue to learn and try to improve my 3d
modeling skills at home using Blender. For anyone interested in learning 3d you can obtain the
free 3d software Blender for free at http://www.blender.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment